November 22, 2014

Night Time, My Time

Thursday night was filled with teen angst when I saw Sky Ferreira live at The Belasco in DTLA. It was kind of a struggle getting in, but it was totally worth it! I was also very scared I was going to in the back barely able to see since we arrived only a few minutes before Cherry Glazerr went up. However, we got to be about like 5th/6th/7th row center because we pushed our way up front through the side *enters sunglasses emoji here* (I know pushing your way up to the front is actually reallllllllly rude and I hate when people do it to me, but it was Sky Ferreira I HAD TO.)



Cherry Glazerr was way cool and really inspiring since they're only in high school, have already played many shows, like beach goth, and are signed with burger records. Clem wore the prettiest floral black dress, which had a brandy melville typa feel, Hannah was rocking out so hard on the drums making me want to be her even more, and Sean was being cute as always but looked even cooler with the fog shadowing him. 



The only thing bad about them was that it was very hard to hear Clem singing except for when she shouted Rob Kardashian is a tool. After the show we also met them which was pretty awesome because they were very cool and laid back. Hannah was totally stoned with a bag of Cheetos though.

ignore how stupid I look I was not ready for the picture smh


Sky did a killer show and it was the time of my life singing along to one of my favorite female artists. Her set list was so fun even though it was missing lost in my bedroom (and she promised later when we were chanting for it). The setlist did feature a new song called Guardian though! It's a slower song and she had a spotlight on her which made it look and sound like an actual angel. 



Her makeup and outfit was AMAZING!!! It was all sparkly with a leather jacket, the perfect combination of girly meets grunge  aka bad sass. bad sass being bad ass meets sassy. SKY EVEN BROUGHT OUT DIIV AKA COLE SMITH AKA HER BOYFRIEND AKA MY MOM AND DAD IN THE FLESH IN FRONT OF ME PERFORMING TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!! I got way to excited when that happened because they're my favorite couple ever, even better than Katniss and Peeta, and it was goals af. Also, because Cole is so so soooooo beautiful and I love him a lot. 


The only negative thing I have to say about it was that all of the fog and dark lightening made it very hard to take some good pictures, but fog and dark lightening is Sky, so I can't really complain. Her slide show thingy behind her was really cool though and she was so cute and nervous and it honestly felt like she was just one of my good friends. 



After the show, I tried meeting Sky too, but the security was being rude saying he was going to call LA PD on us lmao. I also couldn't wait too long because I still had lots of homework to do. Again, I always have my priorities right! 



All in all, Thursday night was one for the books and I don't regret most likely failing my ap euro test because of it. Sky and Cherry Glazerr was a 10/10 show that felt dream liked and I wish it (these 24 hours) would never end. I wish I was able to share videos with you guys, so you can get a feel of what it was like. I guess you just have to go and see for yourself! 



XOXO

4 comments :

  1. Urghh, I'm so jealous you got to see Sky! She must be amazingg live. So cool you got to meet Cherry Glazerr too! x
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes she really is!! i honestly am so bless and couldn't be more thankful!

      Delete
  2. those pictures are great! What kind of camera did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg omg I'm soooooo sorry I'm replying so late :\\ and i don't use anything fancy, just my iPhone 5

      Delete