August 25, 2015

dancin the weekend away

Dear, FYF I truly do love you. Even though I lost my voice, couldn't feel my feet, had dirt everywhere, and went deaf, it was worth it and I would do it all over again.

This weekend was my second time attending the fest and I am still alive but barely breathing. It was everything I thought it would be and more. I ended up catching everyone's set that I wanted to, even if it was just for a bit. SCREW YOU TIME OVERLAPS. Dancing my little heart out, running even though my legs were throbbing, and singing at the top of my lungs, I had never felt more alive.
Let's it break it down day by day.

Saturday, Aug 22nd
halter // american apparel   shorts // calvin klein   fanny pack // shop jeen
some girl from racked la ft me in their fyf style post too!
alvvays - only saw the ending, but molly was still the coolest.
tennis - ahhh! so fun to dance to. also all of my relationship goals.
joyce manor - caught the last two songs and was everything i thought pop punk live would be like.
melody's echo chamber - so chill. perfect way to try and recover a bit at the lawn.
the drums - honestly one of the best sets all weekend!! kiss me again has been in my head ever since. they played down by the water and i shed plenty of tears. the moshing was worth it and im glad i wasn't one of the few who fell.
chet faker - daddy. no other way to explain him. second time seeing him and he didn't disappoint. banks was a plus.
bloc party - epic set. this modern love live was something else.
kanye west - yeezy was, of course, LIT. Plus he brought out badgalriri from the crowd!!! The last 10 minutes were probably the best when he played a banger a minute. Including the song he written about me, you know gold digger? also danced next to ryan beatty during his set, yes its official we're dating.
the jesus and mary chain - ran to them after kanye to catch a song on my way to purity ring and it happen to be just like honey. amazing, perfect timing. it was the best feeling ever. running and dancing. truly life changing.
purity ring - you probably already know how i feel about them. also when i was running to the set some girl hit me in the face and i didn't even feel a thing. awesome. scored front row and it was worth it.

Sunday, Aug 23rd
unknown mortal orchestra - playing while i was entering the fest, one of the greatest things ever.
neon indian - grooooooovy as always. also one of my faves.
toro y moi - chaz is everything i wanna be.
mac demarco - how could you not love mac and his weird personality? saw ryan beatty again, it's meant to be.
flume - insane. extremely cute. the best dancing set. lorde jumped on stage.
solange - dance party all night long with the help of my favorite, dev hynes!! 
morrissey - dancing and singing along to the one and only was amazing. just wish i was the girl who jumped on stage to hug him.
fka twigs - UNREAL. beautiful choreography. 10/10 show. lets just say robert pattinson sure is a lucky guy.

Now I must say goodbye to the best weekend of the summer and it hurts more than my body being completely sore. I may still have glitter on my face and stuck in my eye, but it's been real and it's been fun. See ya next year. Who knows maybe Flake Ocean will actually show up this time?

XOXO

instagram bloglovin'

28 comments :

  1. It's one of my dreams to go to a music festival like that, so you're so freaking lucky! Also gorgeous :p and those pictures are WOW

    WonderGoth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh girl, don't stop dreaming! one day you'll attend and have the time of your life <3

      Delete
  2. hOLY SHIT what an incredible line-up!! sigN ME UP looks like such a good time
    bella xx
    http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW I STILL CANT GET OVER IT AHHHH, don't worry next year we can find a way for you to attend ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh...my god..these photos, the lineup, the everything--I can't even comprehend how next level this post is <3 fyf fest is for sure on my list of festivals to go to. and I'm dying at flake ocean lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i still can't believe i saw all these bands/performers in a span of TWO days. insane. you HAVE to attend one year! #wherefranktho

      Delete
    2. jokes aside, i do hope he's okay and drops that album SOON

      Delete
  4. looks like an a amazing time!! x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY CRAP, that outfit is beeeeeeyond amazing. That fanny pack is a gift sent from another world. Also, infinitely jealous that you saw alvvays (my home-town toronto band) and mac and fka twigs. looks like you had a rad time!!

    (っ♥︎◡♥︎)っ sonjatitanic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is isn't it??!!! when i saw the fanny pack i just knew i HAD to get it

      Delete
  6. YOU RAD HUMAN BEING! I so want to go and see a music festival before I die!!!

    www.notyourtypeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are so dreamy and has me longing for that festival atmosphere! I'm insanely jealous that you saw Solange live! Your outfit is so perffffff, and your fanny pack !!!! I've been looking everywhere for a cute fanny pack, but I am now deeming everything I've seen so far mediocre in comparison to this, this work of ART! I'm obsessed. Luuuuuv your blog, man! <3

    vogueescapade.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. solange was the coolest! she even did a lil #freethenipple <3 hahah, thank you. this fanny pack really is something else

      Delete
  8. Such an awesome line-up! I wish I would have gone but sadly, I am destitute. PS I love your watermelon fanny pack!!!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl i feel ya! totally just took out money from my college savings account to attend. always having my priorities right!!

      Delete
  9. It sounded amazing! I'm so jell of you seeing Maccy D! He is literally my favourite person in de world! I love your outfit soso much too xo
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks incredible! These pictures are amazing, and I just love your blog completely!

    herelectricocean.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems like you spent an awesome time here. I didn`t go there due to my work at UK Top Writers. Hope that at this year I`ll be able to get there! Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our application is serving gratefully in hotel management field to make their hotel business better then before .
    our first priority is to serve best to our honorable clients.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are is serving in hotel management field to make their hotel business better then before .
    our first priority is to serve best to our honorable clients.

    site:techlipz.com

    ReplyDelete