December 31, 2015

making my way downtown

hey guys and welcome to my vlogging channel, in today's episode we took the metro to downtown almost died on the way back, and fell on water beds in between. feed my already huge ego by giving me a thumbs up and subscribing! i post once a week, not really, but ya!

on a serious note this isn't a vlog because 1. i suck at talking to cameras and 2. i don't even have a camera to talk to. in no way was my intro to this post any hate to vloggers, y'all are cool and i wish i was you.

anyways, yesterday priscilla, deztenie, and i decided to hit up downtown because the suburbs cue my fave arcade fire song suck and there's nothing to do where we live. actually that's a lie, but you get what im trying to say i hope. we got off the train at the heart of downtown and decided to go to sprinkles for some breakfast. we also did some shopping because it is victoria secret's semi annual sale and who can say no to that.

after we went to the rooftop at the standard which is one of my favorite places. surprisingly it is below 70 degrees in la which is officially classified as cold, so no swimming was being done. unless you count falling and jumping on water beds as swimming since there is some source of water. the water beds (the first and last pictures) are my dreams come true, a perfect place to nap with a view of the city. 

chillin and taking pictures can sure get your stomach growling, so we headed to the grand central market for the only real meal of the day. i'm not complaining though because i had some bombbbb carne asada tacos with some bombbbb horchata and there's nothing i love more. the market was cool and i wish i took more pictures of the neon signs that were everywhere, but i was too busy getting messy with my tacos. please forgive me.

the market is across the street from angel's flight which also happens to be where the (500) days of summer bench is located. and if theres anything you should know about me, it is that (500) days of summer is my absolute favorite movie. so of course i had to stop by at my only true weakness - the bench that is joseph gordon-levitt's favorite place in the movie - and eat some juicy strawberries. 

the only thing we knew when we headed out to the city was that we wanted to end the night ice skating. it was all fun after i spent 30 minutes relearning how to skate to when i fell twice and hated the rink and everything that had to do with it. i mean who falls on their way in and out of the rink and not even inside. i also have two battle scars on my fingers from it. honestly, i wouldn't recommend this rink to anyone in la and it isn't just because i'm still salty. okay maybe it is, but it really is super small for how crowded it gets. i mean even the rink in santa monica wasn't this crowded when i went for my birthday last year.

we then headed back the metro station tbt to 2007 me and saw our train already coming. just like any normal person would, we ran across the street, continued to illegally run across the tracks to the platform, and made it just in time to board the train. but 10 minutes after we noticed we were on the wrong line, lit! if we hadn't noticed we would have ended up in culver city and most likely died. not because culver city is a bad city, but it is no where close to where we live. thankfully, we were able to  get off at the next stop, go back to the original platform, and get on the right line. we then waited for priscilla's mom to pick us up at the station closest to our houses which was also very scary. i mean it was dark, and late, and crazies all around us. plus deztenie forgot her pepper spray. lit!

happy new years eve! xoxo

17 comments :

  1. The standard rooftop is so cool! Love these photos!!
    xx Alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I've lived nearby LA my whole life and haven't heard of the standard?!? Looks so cool and very disappointed that I have not heard of that place until now, hahaha. These pictures are so pretty!!! Happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh girl, u gotta visit it sometime! and happy new year to you too!!!

      Delete
  3. these photos are incredibleeee I can't take it!! happy new year!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy new year girl, heres to another great year!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like so much fun! I'm jel of where you live ahh. Happy new year! xo
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maaaan, these pictures are so dreamy and have me longing to leave this unbearably wet & windy irish winter! Sending you all the love for the new year! X

    vogueescapade.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah, oh no good luck girl! cheers to the new year!!!

      Delete
  6. I definitely have a serious crush on your blog. I didn't want this post to end, and I could look at the photos forever. You girls are adorable and I'm glad y'all had fun. Your writing always cheers me up, as usual. Happy new year, Madison!

    Andrea | Collars and Bones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg aWWWW. thank you for being the best and best wishes to u this year! <3

      Delete
  7. Haha that all sounds pretty fun but super hectic!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly it was, but something ill forever remember!

      Delete
  8. All these pictures are so lovely! I love your blog :)

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  9. your photos are amazing AND I WANT TO LIVE IN AMERICA SO BADLY (and if you did vlog i'd totes watch that) x

    ReplyDelete