June 29, 2015

california nights

YA GRRRL SAW BEST COAST SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!!!
I've been having trouble with writing this post because pcd is hitting me hard. Too hard.
Best Coast is one of my fave bands ever. Bethany and Bobb's music is just everything I ever dreamed of. It's so easy going and SO relatable. From being bratty and angsty at the world to crying by your phone waiting for your crush to call you, Bethany knows it all. And she writes the best songs about it.  Maybe I'm biased because many of the songs are inspired by California/Los Angeles, but I believe it's impossible to not be in love with this psychedelic band.

Anywayzzz, Saturday night I got to see them again after two years of waiting and it was killer. I went too hard when I was dancing that my neck is still in some serious pain. I would like to apologize to everyone who was around me because I was a big hot mess. But my fave band was right in front of me you have to understand.

Bully was the opening act and even though it was different, it was still pretty good. The first song was a lil too noisy/screamy for me. But after that their stuff was a lot better and I had the time of my life dancing by myself.

After a long but fun intermission thanks to MakeDamnSure by Taking Back Sunday playing. Bethany came on stage with the coolest sparkly outfit and surreal visuals that played through out the whole show. It was all just aesthetically pleasing and I couldn't get enough. They played about a 20-something set that I never wanted to end. I literally screamed no when she announced she they were playing their last song for the night.

I didn't think it was possible, but it gets better.

After the show I tweeted some of my best shots I got from the show and Bethany retweeted them!!!!! It was too cool to be real and I cried a little. She does it after every show though and replied to me twice and faved one of my tweets before, so I didn't think much about it.

BUT THEN SUNDAY MORNING SHE POSTED TWO OF THE PICTURES!!! BETHANY. COSENTINO. SAVED. MY. PICTURES. AND. THOUGHT. THEY. WERE. COOL. ENOUGH. TO. POST!!!!!!!!!



SHE EVEN TAGGED ME!!!!!!! I'm forever screaming about this moment. I'm going to print this out so I can frame it, make a shirt, and post it on my tombstone. This totally makes up for her not playing bratty b, aka my national anthem, because this has to mean were bffs right?????

Now, I'm going to continue to cry over this whole experience. 


XOXO

16 comments :

  1. Wow, it's so cool you got to see them and that she even retweeted and tagged you in those pictures. They're lovely btw. They really captures the show and the atmosphere of the scenography of the stage !


    http://lycanter.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh love the photos you took and congrats on her noticing your photos!!
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and love it - had to give you a follow! Recently heard Best Coast from a friend and they're soooo good (jealous that you got to see them)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/summer-favourites.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had such a great time, omg, getting to see your fave band live must be THE dream!

    May • THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh it is! i hope u get to experience it one day <3

      Delete
  5. Such cool photos !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was there too!!!! Bethany is literally so cool. One time I wrote a post about her and she tweeted it!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg thats even cooler! ah i love her + now i wish i saw you there!!

      Delete
  7. Whoa! This is so cool! I saw her when she was in Detroit a few weeks ago! She is so cute:-)

    ReplyDelete