December 7, 2014

Balloons & Polaroids


HAPPY DECEMBER EVERYONE!!! IT'S THE MOST MAGICAL TIME OF THE YEAR AND NOW SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE TO MENTION CHRISTMAS 24/7!!!!!!!!!!! SO GET EXCITED, GRAB A PEPPERMINT MOCHA, AN UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER, SING CAROLS AND CELEBRATE!!!!! (if you don't celebrate christmas excuse this, but still enjoy yourself and have a great holiday season!!!!) 

December is also my favorite because it's cough my birthday. I actually celebrated it early and went ice skating this weekend with my friends. I always like celebrating my birthday the weekend before because to me I feel like it's better to have an early birthday than a belated one. I feel like when you do it early it get's you pumped up and leads you to into a great birthweek. Or maybe that's just me, who knows. 


Saturday morning I stopped by at American Apparel in Little Tokyo to get a birthday dress. Everyone thought I was crazy for going ice skating in a dress because I was going to be too cold or fall and get ugly bruises. BUT JOKES ON U GUYS I DIDN'T FALL ND U WERE ALL HOT SO HA! I couldn't choose between 3 dresses, but ended up getting a red velvet one because I felt like a sparkly body con one was too much for ice skating and a gray skater skirt one wasn't enough and I wouldn't stand out. I also thought the open back was the perfect touch.


After getting the dress I headed back home and got ready while my brother went out to buy balloons, cupcakes, and polaroid film for me. Then some of my friends came over and we got some boxes of pizza to go and headed out to an ice rink in Santa Monica. I honestly spend so much time out there, it's like my home away from home. There also happen to be no traffic thank God for that!!! So we sang along to the radio because I forgot the aux cord and shared many laughs. 


When we arrived it was kind of busy, but not too bad which was a good thing. We all got on the ice and half of us was horrified, me being one of them. It was all good and fun though. After like 15 minutes the power went off lmao. So that's when we took pictures, ate, talked, etc. Finally the lights came back on and we started skating again. I was having trouble and stayed at a corner so my brother came around with the camera and we took some "hey! pose like this and it can pass as a candid!" Polaroids. Then I noticed that my friends were at the opposite corner and I really wanted some pictures with them, so I screamed their names for like 5 minutes but they couldn't hear lmao. So I used the wall and skated to them to tell them I wanted some pictures. They then came and we took some pictures and got yelled at because we were blocking people.


After a couple of hours we decided to walk to the pier which was like 30 minutes away? I'm not sure, but it was fun walking with all of my friends on the dark streets. We passed by many friendly strangers who wished me a happy birthday. At the pier we took more pictures and some of them headed down to the water. We then went to the arcade and I had a mini photo-shoot. It was really fun and most of these were candids due to the fact my brother doesn't do a countdown but just takes the picture. Our feet got really tired and started to hurt, so we drove to in-n-out. If you didn't already know, I am the in-n-out princess. I'm being completely serious too, I am just so in love with in-n-out burgers, fries, and milkshakes. So yeah, it was the perfect way to end my birthday celebration. 




I loved my birthday party. It was filled with many laughs, new memories, great Polaroids, milkshakes and burgers. Just like how every girl's sixteenth birthday should be. I wouldn't have changed a thing. I hope you enjoyed yourself this weekend, too!!!


XOXO

6 comments :

  1. i love your skater dress!!!! hope you had a wicked time ice skating x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute post, love the polaroids! I just bought a polaroid camera, it's so fun to use - your photos came out perfectly!

    Faith In Fools

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sooo much!! have the time of your life with yours they really are special. i would love to see how the pictures come out! <3

      Delete