December 31, 2014

Tips 4 NYE

Once again the year is ending and a new one is only hours away. 

With this measure of time coming to end we look back and reflect on the memories we had, good and bad. Like the time we lost a friend or the time when we met our fave band. We often focus on the good ones because the bad ones are too painful to relive, but we must remember those too. Those are the ones who played a bigger role in creating what we are now.

We also set goals for ourselves so that when the new year comes we won't be the crying mess we just were. We usually fall short when trying to achieve these goals, but that's because what we create is unrealistic. Instead of wishing to spend 2 hours in the gym every day for the next 365 days, go twice a week for 30 minutes. Then move on from there. Take on them slowly.  And make ones that are good for your soul, like doing more of what you love.

When the night before comes we dress up in sparkles and wear sunglasses that says 2015. We desperately wait for the moment the clock reads January 1 // 12:00 and have a toast to that. Some of us are also lucky enough to share a kiss with a very special someone. We often put too much power into this one night thinking it will affect the whole year. Trust me, where you spend the last night of 2014 and the first few hours of 2015, doesn't have an impact on the new year. I know we all want a fun night to kick off the year though, and that is what we should have. So surround yourself with family and/or friends and good music. Everything will be fine.

And as cliche as it sounds, leave the things that make you unhappy. Same goes for people. It's unhealthy, both emotionally and physically, and you shouldn't put yourself through these toxic relationships. Leave your bad habit. Let go of the girl who you thought was your best friend. It's not good for you!!! I'm sure you can find something else to replace the void. If you honestly can't get away from it, like if it's a family member who just gets you down all the time, make amends. Tell them how you feel, if it's something they do with out realizing. If it's your fault, swallow your pride and apologize. In all honesty, you're 100000x better off with out the people/things/whtevrrrr it is that brings you down.

I don't know where I was going with this post, my intentions were to share my favorite things of 2014. Like when I went to FYF and sAW THE STROKES LIVE!!!!! Or when I traveled to Seattle for a week or so. I guess somewhere within the first paragraph I changed my mind. All I wanted/tried to say is, make this your year. There's no need to say all that 'new year, new me' stuff, because that would be letting go a huge part of you. With the new year, be the same you, but even better. Try new things, focus on the good parts, and let go of the stuff that haunts you.

A fresh start comes with 2014 ending, and take on it heads on. I have a feeling that this new year will be a great one not just for me, but for my readers - aka you - too. It's okay if we mess up at times, we can't let that stop us. So, happy new years eve and cheers to 2015!!! I'm rooting for us.

XOXO

10 comments :

  1. I just discovered your blog and I am a follower now! I loved this post and cant wait to see what 2015 holds for your blog :) Happy New Years!

    Juliana Grace | www.julianagraceblogspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, that means so much!! thank you and here's to 2015!! <3

      Delete
  2. such a great post! happy new year :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year!! 2014 sounds like it was amazing, I'm so jealous of you doing the Strokes damnn. I love what you've said about being the same you but better too, I couldn't agree more! xo
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the strokes were amazing!!!!! i actually cried a little lol. but yeah, this is our year! let's make it the best one yet, so happy new year and here's to 2015!! <3

      Delete
  4. Super lovely blog!

    www.dylanasuarez.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so jealous, you don't know how much i'd love to see the strokes! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i still cry just thinking about it!!! it really was the best day of my life

      Delete