August 29, 2014

*Chants* FYF FYF FYF

Last weekend was FYF aka the best. weekend. of. the. summer. Withdrawals are hitting me so hard and I figured writing out my first festival experience might make me miss it a little less. Probably not, but worth a try. Ok, so let's take this day by day.
 

Saturday, August 23rd:
I apologize for not taking any outfit pictures this weekend or many pictures actually. I was too busy having the time of my life.

At first, Sunday was kind of a drag because of how unorganized FYF was. We ended up missing Joyce Manor because we were in line for a hour. Huge bummer, I know. The rest of the weekend totally made up for it though. So once we got in we did a little exploring and ended up accidentally watching xxyyxx's set. They were so chill we had to stay and then we made our way into the arena for Chet Faker. OHMYGOD THE ARENA WAS SOOOOOOOOOO COOL. Imagine a pitched black room, with 1 bright disco ball in the middle along with some AC. God bless that AC.



 Chet was so cool and groovy I loved dancing to him and hearing his beats bounce off the walls. FYF thank you for thinking about using the arena for that, props to you.

 

After Chet we saw Future Islands and they were so much fun I didn't care that we were towards the back. I just danced like there was no one watching. When they were done we were able to squeeze through to a good spot for Interpol. Middle school and elementary school me would be so proud that I got to sing along to PDA and Evil live. It was then time for Phoenix! 

 

Phoenix hands down had the best show all weekend. I honestly didn't know French people got down like that. They totally blew my expectations. 


 

Phoenix involved us with the show soooooo much and you know that always makes it a 10/10 show. Like when the crowd sang the chrous for Lizstomania and during the last song THOMAS MARS CROWD SURF FARRRRR INTO THE CROWD STOOD UP FINISHING SINGING, CROWD SURF BACK TO THE STAGE AND BROKE THE MICROPHONE. They weren't just trying to be cool, they are cool.


 

Sunday, August 24th:
Ok, Sunday was the most important day of my life. We got into the festival a lot smoother another thank you to FYF for fixing that, this is why I love you. Also for letting me see all of my favorites in one place in one weekend, you're the best. Anyways we finally found the flower wall we've been looking for everywhere and then we headed out to the main stage where we planned to be at all day. 
 

On the way we saw some free face painting though and just had to get it. I mean, did you even go to a festival if you don't have a selfie with face paint???  

 
We made in time for half of Mac DeMarco's set. Mac is the cutest person ever!!!!!! His set was so smooth and a perfect way to start out the day. I would also like to say that he crowd surf too. I just feel like once the act crowd surfs they make it an insane show, but maybe thats just me. 

Next on stage was tanlines. Tanlines is sooooooo fun! Once they start playing your body just instantly dances I highly recommend them if you're into just jumping around and having a good time. 

 

Blood orange was another one of my faves from this weekend. And watching the sunset while Dev performed made it sooooooo much better.



This collab is so appealing and just sets off good vibes. Dancing with the strangers next to me was a blast. Haim's set was next. Haim is literally all I want to be if I was in a girl band. They are the definition of girl power. You just feel so alive and angst when they rock out while you shout along at the top of your lungs. 

 

Haim was opening for, drum roll please, THE STROKES!!!!!! It was finally the time. The day I've been waiting for my whole life. And let me just tell you this, they are LEGEND wait for it DAARRRRRY. 


I had the time of my life singing along to very drunk Julian Casablancas. Him and his personality is so cute live, I swear to you I fell way more in love with this band and I'm not entirely sure if that is a good thing. 


So, I didn't find my soulmate in The Strokes crowd, and I miss grimes because of set times, and it was very crowded and hot. But it was a mind blowing weekend and I can not wait for the more festivals coming my way. 

XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment