September 3, 2014

2 Cool 4 School

Sadly summer is ending and I start school tomorrow. Oh, how I'll miss the netflix marathons, concerts and gorgeous sunsets, but all things must come to an end. Instead of working on my ap euro homework, I decided to procrastinate more and get crafty. I have my priorities straight, right???? Ya I do....

Ok, so first this past week I jumped on the making pins bandwagon for my backpack. Actually, I don't have a backpack yet, but I made these for when I get one. I'm always prepared.
Left to Right:
Julian Casablancas aka the love of my life
Sky Ferreira and Zachary Cole Smith aka all of my goals
Joseph Gorden-Levitt in my favorite movie during my favorite scene
Marina and the Diamonds signature merch "eat my shorts" well because eat my shorts.


The pins are fairly easy to make, so I figured I should share how it's done. You will only need printed pictures, mod podge, a pencil, little wood discs, bar pins, and a hot glue gun.
Step 1. Trace the wood disc on the picture to get the shape and cut it out.
Step 2. Use mod podge to glue the picture on it, then apply a top coat of mod podge. 
Step 3. Flip it over and use the hot glue gun to place the bar pin.
ANNNNNNNND YOU'RE DONE!!! So you now you have a little pin of your favorite person, or favorite album, or favorite quote or anything you can imagine. P.S it's also very cute to add glitter and stickers.


I also went through my old magazines to make a collage for my binder. 2008-2011, totally counts as vintage. Maybe I should get new ones soon, but it was so cute finding fetus Alexa Chung, Vampire Weekend, and Andrew Vanwyngarden pictures.

finished collage
If you're also going to start school soon or already started, I wish you the best!!! School is something we have to do and even though it's a total drag, we should try to make it a little better. Get plenty of sleep, don't procrastinate, make friends, dress however you want, get cute supplies to encourage you, and be organized. You can get through this, and don't worry winter break will come soon!!!

XOXO

2 comments :

  1. This is so wicked and adorable and I know what I'm doing next weekend.

    http://sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw glad u liked it!! cnt wait to see how urs come out!!!

      Delete