October 29, 2015

flesh without blood

picture from pitchfork
Even though I'm still crying because I wasn't able to attend Beach Goth 4 and that Grimes' LA show for her new tour is 18 plus, (anyone know where u can get a fake???) I'm still so hyped that Claire Boucher released a new song and video!!

 The new single from her Art Angels LP, flesh without blood was released on October 26th, and it's so. f'ing. good. It's a lot more pop-y than her previous albums, setting a lighter happier mood, but I sure as hell do not complain. A dreamy modernize 80's breakup song, that isn't necessarily about love but fits the requirements, what's not to love about it? Plus, you can ACTUALLY understand what Claire is saying, making the grimes song sing-a-long-able!!! It's an experimental pop dream with super cool guitar riffs and beats that I never want to wake up from.

And can we talk about the video for a second? Claire as an angel cow girl is everything I want to be. Bright pinks, jumping on beds, and purple hair Marie Antoinette. Sticking to her dark, twisted, edgy roots with a knife and blood everywhere. I'm not sure what it all means, but I'm widdddit.

Art Angels, her fourth album, will be released on November 6th and I'm so stoked! I mean just look at the album cover. Angels, kawaii, galaxies what more could you ask for? 13 new songs, not including REALiTi, and an album cover Clair drew herself, this LP really is going to be all sorts of cool. Hopefully she'll come back to LA some time soon and I'll actually attend that show. Fingers crossed. But for now I'm just chillin with flesh without blood on repeat while I count down the days 'till the 6th.


XOXO

6 comments :