March 14, 2015

denim daze

Is there a better way to spend a Saturday night than endlessly window shopping online? Didn't think so.

'Spring' is hitting LA hard and quick with the 90 degrees weather that we all love to hate. I figured it was time to update my wish list so it matches the weather, but 3 items into it I realized it was all........ denim. I thought 'winter' coming to end meant that my denim obsession will be over too, but boy was I wrong. I should've known that I would forever be obsessed with denim ever since Britney Spears and JT did matching denim outfits at the 2001 American Music Awards.
the only time i won't hate the denim on denim look
BC LOOK HOW CUTE THEY ARE
Denim is just too good. You could basically do anything with it and it will still look great. It's basically the American dream. I mean why else would Lana name a song blue jeans??? Here are a few of my denim must haves for the spring season. I didn't include the typical boyfriend jeans and high waisted shorts because I figured those are on everybody's wish list and I wanted to share some other stuff. Sorry Levi's, I still luv u tho.
denim daze
denim daze by madisonkapowski 

I am a full supporter of 70's flare/bell bottoms and I have no shame about it. It may be just because I watched Almost Famous a month ago and I still want to be Penny Lane. Whatever the reasoning is, I feel like every girl should own one of these and strut in them proudly with tall platform sandals.

Spring calls for light flirty and fun dresses and baby doll ones have been really trendy recently. So when I saw one in denim I just couldn't keep my eyes off it. Within a couple of months you should see me sporting this with my dirty high top converse.

I used to hate high waisted denim mini skirts. There was just something about them that made me so :\\\ about them. But now I JUST HAVE TO HAVE ONE. I promise you I wasn't influenced at all by Alexa Chung's recent collab with AG jeans. I also promise you that I'm lying about that.

Mom jeans have also been making a comeback for a couple of years now and I'm all for them too. Honestly, the only goal is to dress like you're from an episode of friends and you literally can't achieve it without a pair of these.

Okay disclaimer: this might just be me channeling my inner Britney and JT. But I really do see denim becoming even bigger this spring. What do you guys think? And If I ever do get my hands on these items, I apologize in advance for the nonstop blogging about them.

XOXO

14 comments :

  1. loveeee denim and I really want that skirt! x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denim is LAHVE! And someone please gimme that top!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahw Justin and Britney were so cute hehe.
    Btw I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin', I hope you like my blog as well!

    XOXO,
    Taria-ann
    www.frunettte.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks i really appreciate it!
      and yes!!!! they're literally my relationship goals

      Delete
  4. I love denim so much and I really want a pair of overalls for spring and summer. They're so cute and versatile. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have the high waisted denim skirt! all i wear - love the dungarees too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh ur so lucky, i have to get my hands on some soon!

      Delete
  6. YAssssss! Loving the Britney Spears/JT inspiration! It's like what everyone was thinking but afraid to say

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! everyone hates to admit that they actually were able to pull off denim on denim!

      Delete
  7. Love this soo much, I too have been into denim lately! Also loving that Justin/Britney homage, xo

    ReplyDelete