May 2, 2015

keeping up with the long lost kardashian

These past couple of days have been really cool. I didn't take enough pictures to make one post about each day though, so I'm going to shove it all into one post. Let's see how this goes, shall we?

Two weeks ago, on April 18, I went to my friend's sweet sixteen. yes i know i suck for barely writing about this now. It was so much fun and it was set up so beautiful! She's indian so her outfit was amazing and well detailed. I wish I took more pictures, but when I go out I try to enjoy the night more than worrying about what to post on instagram. I always regret it in the morning though. I did take a few shots in between dancing to gold digger by kanye and eating all of the sour candies she had.

BTW - she's not the birthday girl, she was just part of the court. And my jumpsuit is from Nasty Gal. I'm so in love with it, it fits me so well and makes me look like Kendall Jenner *flips hair*

On Tuesday during my chem class I found out I won tickets for the Waxahatchee at The Roxy (aka the same venue I saw the kooks at) So after finishing most of my homework we drove to Hollywood. We were able to catch the ending of Upset and then Girlpool before Waxahatchee went on. Girlpool was so chill to hear and fun to dance to. I'm sad that they didn't play slutmouth or blah blah blah, but it's okay because they played chinatown. If you're really into the riot grrrl typa sound check them out, they're super cool. Waxahatchee was also great and I got too emotional when Katie came out by herself for the encore and played all of her slower songs. It was also amazing to see a crowd where hardly anyone was taking out there phones to take pictures and record the show. Everyone was actually enjoying and taking in the music. It was all just a great vibe.
Last night it was a different friend's birthday, so we headed out to the beach for another bonfire. This time it was just like 3 of us from the bonfire we did during spring break, but it was just as fun. We buried one of my friend's in the sand and gave her some boobs along with a mermaid tale, did some night swimming, and ate cupcakes. It was really chill and basically what California is all about. 
A while ago I made an 8tracks playlist and it felt like summer 2013 again. It features beach fossils, which is all I've been listening to for the past few months. It's a really chill playlist I made for those days when you don't want to get out of bed. ever. If you're into the lo-fi, dream pop music then this is for you.


XOXO

10 comments :

  1. I love this post!! your romper is so stunning and i'm so envious that you saw girlpool + waxahatchee, and the beach looks beautiful xo

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah aw thank you! they were so much fun, if u ever get the chance to see them take it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you legit live the california dream!!!! haha love all the photos x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You DO look like Kendall Jenner in that jumpsuit! So gorgeous girl. That bonfire looks so awesome. You're making me so excited about moving to Cali!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my god thank you for saying that and making my ego 10 times bigger, honestly it means a lot! and girl you're in for a treat when you move here ;)

      Delete