May 6, 2015

honestly just !!!!!!!

I told myself I wasn't going to blog for the rest of this week. Or even go on social media since I have my ap euro exam this week and I still only know that Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. I couldn't keep that promise though and I hate myself for it. 

One reason is because of Best Coast's new album California Nights. Bethany Cosentino and Bobb Bruno came back with a banging third album as a follow up of their 2012 album, The Only Place. Bethany is queen relatable. She sings about being lazy and bratty. She sings about her cat more than the average person. And it isn't about a smelly cat and questioning what they are feeding him. She sings about falling in love and breaking up. As she said at her LA concert in 2013, she is "the Taylor Swift for stoners." No I do not smoke weed. I promise. Pugs not drugs. 

Their debut album, Crazy For You, is my favorite. With hits like boyfriend and bratty b it's hard not to love. California Nights also didn't disappoint. They're growing up and you can hear that. But it's not the growing up that actually a sugar coated way of saying your new stuff sucks. It's not as dreamy and beachy as their first two albums, it's a bit edgier with a killer drum sound. But she's still as relatable as ever.


The second biggest thing was this year's Met Gala. Everyone looked so good and I just cried eating cheez-its instead wishing I was famous. I mean really, how can someone join the Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid squad?? If you know this answer please help me out. I'm begging you. Anyways these were my fave looks.
All of these were found on tumblr somewhere. None of these are mine. I wish they were though.

DRUM ROLL PLEASEEEEEEEE
Okay now the last reason was because the FYF lineup is released. I repeat it's released. And it's not a fake messing with my heart. This is not a drill.
I mean it's not as good as last year's because it is impossible to top The Strokes and Phoenix. But it's still pretty great. Morrissey, Frank, The Drums, Fka, Mac, Purity Ring, Bloc Party, Flume, Chet, Neon Indian. It's just so beautiful I'm going to cry. I know it's more on the electronic side this year and I'm usually not into that typa stuff. BUT I AM STILL SO STOKED. I can't contain my excitement. August please come soon.

Also pray for me, I want to meet my soul mate during the drums' set when they play down by the water or when bloc party plays signs

XOXO

5 comments :

  1. Best Coast!!!!! Bethany Cosentino is amazing. One time I did a post about her style and she tweeted me and I was so happy :) I'm going to see them at The Wiltern in June. Are you going???

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats sooooo cool! she tweeted me before but it was only just to answer a question *sigh* but hyfr i am!!!! i hope i see u there <3

      Delete
  2. I freaking love Best Coast!! Good shout. Good luck for your exam! Also totally agree, Zendaya's outfit was so beautiful and I loved Rihanna and that massive cape. She KILLED IT. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks! and same girl, it was all just TOO good!!!

      Delete