November 29, 2017

the future

growing up sucks. 
but like seriously.

its 2am and im having a crisis! this is fun! i love adulthood! no but really, WHAT THE FUCK am i doing. everyone feels like they're destined to do something great and big, but i mean we need normal people to in order to make these things sound great and big. (its shitty i kno but this is the world we live in) so like what if im just one of the mediocre people. i mean obviously i am still funnier than most of them, but STILL.

somebody just discover me already.

i don't know. i thought i wanted to major in something fashion related but who doesn't do that now in days and im not even a designer. so i figured ill major in writing, but like even my writing sucks. and did sosadtoday even go to college? i doubt it. and like everything i wanna do it seems like i don't need a degree for it, but im already a semester sucked in and i don't want to disappoint my family.

sorry mom. 

as of now my dream is to travel the world spending a year or two in different countries, cities, whatever it may be. i just want to be pretty and carefree doing whatever i want whenever i want. i can't have something boring like a 9-5, i will literally die. but i mean i can't even have this for the rest of my life. i kno i always said i never wanted a husband or children, but what if. i mean i still think it will all end in tears, but what if one day it doesn't. how will i be able to support them? how will i even be able to have this? 

i don't think running away is healthy but i feel like its something im destined to do. 

at this moment i feel like my best option is to bartend, that job seems stable enough to afford a studio apartment wherever i happen to be. i think. but what about when im 36? 42? 64? will i ever make it that old? i doubt it. i truly believe i will die at 25 because i cannot picture myself as a function adult, but when has life ever gone my way?

i also want to be a therapist. i like giving advice and i want to learn more about psych anyways. i also feel like that would be a cool godfather aesthetic. but like how am i supposed to help others when i can barely help myself? lots of people have told me id be good, but i don't think so. it also doesn't fully allow me to create art in any type of platform anyways.

everybody believes in me except for me.

im not even quite sure why i decided to post this on here. i feel like its crucial to my blog in some weird way, but i guess i feel like some of you might relate? if i even have any readers? i don't fucking know.

i really wish i did.

life is scary and i drank too many shots of expresso as a way to stay up so i can finish my essay on plato, but now im stuck in my thoughts and can't seem to find a way out. my fingers are typing so fast trying to catch up with the words, but as i have been saying throughout this: i don't fucking know anything.

i mean why should i decide my life at 18 when i make stupid decisions like giving unif my entire checkings and savings account on tiny skirts when nyc will be in 40 degree weather for the next 3-4 months. or like its embarrassing how much anxiety and effort goes into deciding whether or not i should post something on instagram. 

i wish i taken a gap year, but i feel like a year isn't even enough time to decide what i want. i wish someone would just decide for me so i can blame someone else when im unhappy with my life. i mean obviously im better at complaining than anything else.

i just wish i didnt feel like i was wasting my time, energy, and my moms money on a degree when i might not even end up with a career that needs it? i mean everyone is pressured to get one because of the huge population growth and demand for jobs. so maybe its useful. but i just don't think its for me. but im even more scared of being a dropout. 

why can't climate change just wipe us all out already? ive had enough.

8 comments :

  1. ahh I have to laugh at the relatability of this–what millennial/teen/young adult doesnt feel this?? I totally can't imagine myself in any other world other than the present, so maybe that means I'll die young too??? I HATE this pressure that you have to decide your destiny at 18 and there are so many things I'd probably quite like to try but the world just feels to big and there are too many options ygm??? I think this existentialism is part of life (unfortunately) also I'm taking a gap year and still got no fuckign idea what i wanna do SO AT LEAST YOU CANT REGRET THAT. I suppose the only solace I have to offer is that you're not alone in these feelings and I wonder if it'll ever make sense? Also, I love the last line–sort of humorously a bit too real...
    https://kaatielouu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA thank u so much! omg i hate/love that everyone goes through this because we feel less alone but still it sucks so MUCH. im glad u were able to see the humor in this too, i was trying to sound less depressing. existentialism crisis are the worst because theres just so many options out there n i just want to be happy whatever that may be. i hope ur gap year is going well n u somehow find the light that points u in the right direction w ur life. if u ever need to complain u already kno I Am Here

      Delete
  2. Agreeed. Making decisions for your life doesn't get any easier, but I guess people learn to cope better. Most of the time having a 9-5 is just a means to an end, and then there are hobbies where dreams can blossom from.
    Sadly I can't give any solid advice on this either cause I'm still trying to adult. Good luck with your crisis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think i was just being ~dramatic~ n in the long run u are right, thank u for the kind words! hope u learn how to adult better than me

      Delete
  3. I'm in the exact same position as you at the moment; all I wanna do is travel right now. I can tell you that bartending is not something you wanna do forever though; it literally sucks the life out of me and I have no energy to do anything else. You can't see it at the moment but your degree will help you in your future and whatever you go on to do. I think it's best not to think too far in advance sometimes, take it as it comes and see what happens. I'm sure you'll be presented with opportunities and options that'll help guide you somehow. Sending you luv x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THIS WAS THE NICEST COMMENT N EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED TO HEAR

      omg sorry for the all caps but i just got so excited. thank u so much, i hope u find ur way soon too!

      Delete
  4. Great post girl. Sadly I can't give any solid advice on this either cause I'm still trying to adult. Good luck!
    XO

    http://www.tuestilo.eu/blog/22_Soy-una-mujer-espontanea-y-libre.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we all out here struggling, but we struggling together so its okay <3 thank u

      Delete