October 10, 2014

Future Me, I Hope U Love What U Do

With the new school year comes stress. Stress about grades, stress about work, stress about the future and what it holds. For some odd reason, I've been feeling so lost lately on what I want to do with my life.

Since first grade we are asked the question, What do you want to be when you grow up? The answer was always something naive like a princess, but it was okay to say so at the time because of our age. Now since we're growing up and on our way to adulthood, we're expected to have a serious answer to that question. I just can't figure out what that answer is and it's destroying me.
I want to be successful and love what I do, but I can't decide what it is. I know I'm only a sophomore and shouldn't be thinking like this so much, but at the same time I should. I should have a path or plan for going after the career I want, but I can't decide what I want. And I hate the public school system for this. How are we suppose to know what we want to do in our mid 30's when we are still so young?? How do I know I won't hate my job in the future?? I don't understand how a person so undeceive like me is expected to have their whole life figured out in about two or so years. I hate that there's a possibility that what I study for at an university might be a complete waste!! I hate that there's a chance I might not be completely satisfied with what I'm doing with myself. I hate this concept of growing up and I just want to be 6 again.

I don't know where or what I was going with this, but I just needed to let it all out. The future has been a big subject for me lately and I'm completely terrified. I guess that's just part of life though and not everything is going to come easy to us. It's okay to be afraid of not knowing what's going to happen or what's going to become of us, but we can't let that fear stop us. We still need to strive to succeed and think about all of the possibilities that are available to us. Maybe this has been just one of those weeks and all of this stress will go away in a couple of days. Maybe it won't and I won't know what to do with my life so I will have to marry rich, become a stripper, or become famous for absolutely nothing. In all seriousness though, I do hope I figure out some idea of what I want to be and I hope you do too. 

XOXO

1 comment :

  1. Luckily you still have plenty of time and maybe you become a princess after all...
    xo

    ReplyDelete