September 12, 2018

lost in my bedroom


i kno i promised i would blog more and usually im really good at sticking to my promises. or i hope i am. but i've been lost in the transition from los angeles to new york city. or maybe the correct term is return.

a return to the city. a return to school. a return to a preview of what it will be like when im actually Grown. a return to the second part of my life.


i often joke that i'm basically hannah montana, in the sense that i'm living a double life. but thats honestly what college feels like. i'm basically 2,444 miles away from home and everyone i kno back in la. or mayb when i'm in the city i'm actually home. idk i still haven't decided where home would necessarily be for me. but in a way it feels like i live two lives. the best of both worlds as some would say.

anyways, im back at school and im looking forward to this year. it feels less dramatic, but in a good way. saying bye to everyone i love didn't feel so sad. it didn't feel like a goodbye, but rather a see ya later. a be right back. and even if i miss those people, most of them are just a click away. and i don't feel so alone in the city anymore. i live with some of my closest friends rather than randoms who i never met before. and even walking on the street i run into so many more familiar faces. the city seems less scary and less intimidating. it feels like its basically my own and i'm in control.

this is the first full week of class and so far i'm excited for them. i'm transiting into choosing a major and even though i'm lost with what i want to do, the classes seem like a good jump start. i'm taking an autobiographical essay class, an innovations in art publications class, a business of entertainment media and technology class, as well as an introductory course to personality psychology. basically i'm forming a class on what it takes to be an ig baddie. just kidding, but i'm def leaning more towards something with a blogging/magazine writing focus. hopefully it works. and hopefully my blog and myself can thrive on what i learn. 

i've also made a lot of new friends. or rather people i party with. but isn't it basically the same thing? yes its superficial, but they usually lead to broader friendships. or thats what i'm hoping for. i've also made interactions with crushes i've has a crush on for ALLLLLLLL of last year. can u believe that? all you really have to do is thirst follow someone n they might actually slide in ur dms as well as talk to you irl. who would've thought it was That easy. my virgo moon is shaking.

well today is wednesday and i don't have any classes on wednesdays. so im sitting alone in my bedroom trying to fix my mess of a hair. is there any way to make the parts that fell off from bleach grow faster? is there any way to make all of it just one white color? probably not, but of course it is messy and of course it is a fucking look, because that is me! my professor said its good to write a bit every day in order to help ur skills grow so im going to try that out. along with that im going to try to blog at least once a week. hopefully wednesdays will work. i mean it is the middle of the week and i don't have necessarily anything plan besides learning how to cook n finding a job so i can buy juul pods without going completely broke.

see ya next week with maybe something more interesting. and good luck to everyone starting school, or going back. i believe in u n it looks like its going to be a good year.

xoxo

5 comments :

  1. It seems that you've gotten the swing of things and seem to be pre excited about uni!! All the classes you chose look interesting and cool! luv reading these kinda posts
    http://sputniksweetheartn.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yassssss this made me happy, glad everything's falling together!!! Cant wait for more posts xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally had the same thing about it not being so sad saying bye to my friends this time??? didnt cry even once (!!) despite spending the sickest 4 months with them – growth maybe???? I'm so pleased everything feels more settled nd your getting a feel for your direction in life. Also so excited for the promised posts, yours are always my fave xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. just found your blog and am a little obsessed! I visited new york feb 2017 and wow it had such a unique magic!!! American uni seems SO different to english - all those classes sound really fun. My degree is English Literature with Creative Writing so all of my "classes" are about that :)) also; I had one crush last year (aside from my teacher lol always). he showed up at a flat party I was hosting randomly and I freaked out eek... turns out he was a massive player and tried it on with everyone (including me) yay for guys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah man, I'm going in to my first year of uni soon but I just can't wait to have the familiarity that you have. The classes you're taking sound so interesting, I hope u enjoy them!! can't wait for more posts x

    ReplyDelete