April 10, 2018

nostalgia

nostalgia sure is a bitch!


once again, i have procastinated and left a 6 page essay to do in one night. still, here i am typing away on my laptop about anything but machiavelli's the prince. instead, im thinking about summer.

my day dreams for the past couple of months have been of the sun, warmth, and overall california. its really strange too because i was looking forward to leaving that state So Bad. but here i am waiting to go back. don't get me wrong, i will miss new york and my college friends and living on my own, but i cannot wait to be back at the beach looking at pink sunset skies. there hasn't been a sunset that compares.

this romanticization of california is new. i am even craving an in-n-out burger when i know shake shack and five guys is so much better. but it is what it is. i think i just really miss last summer. i kno i talked about last year being the absolute worst and it may have been. but i was also just being ~dramatic.~ i may have spent a majority of last summer crying, but it was also one of my favorites.

i miss being / that / close to my friends. seeing so many of my favorite bands live multiple times. and of course my pink hair.

i know this is really just nostalgia talking but i can't help to give in. i miss it and can't stop thinking about the shorter days and longer nights i'll have in about a month back in the city i wanted to runaway from. i think these old pictures i found didn't help too much either.


i think they really capture how i now see california/los angeles. with a big hue of pink over it all that doesn't seem quite right in new york. skinny, shorts, and bodysuits without a jacket have all seem so out of place in new york lately. but they all really happen to be the essence of who i am.

but who knows, maybe once i go back ill realize it wasn't as great as it seems and ill have another dissociation episode and cry myself to sleep because i love the east village n the east village only! bc u kno thats just how nostalgia b sometimes. hyping up things to be way better than it actually was.

ill see u soon though los angeles

xoxo

12 comments :

  1. Nostalgia's a funny thing, I find myself romanticising last summer too even though it wasn't great. But hey, this summer will be better! Adoree these photos too b, making me want the sunshineee <3

    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is true, definitely looking forward to this summer n thank u!

      Delete
  2. Your hair, your pics...everything <3

    http://www.estherluque.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh i wish it still looked like that, thank uuuuuuu <3

      Delete
  3. I can feel the nostalgia from these pics, they've got such an ethereal radiance and warmth...ah summer. I totally feel you about nostalgia it tricks you into believing life was so much better than it actually was but then you also remind yourself that actually maybe it was still good. I also SO get that feeling about feeling nostalgic for the worst years of your life?? sometimes I think its because you feel so much emotion and so black and white about everything that that version of life feels so vivid? idk. I have so many good quotes/excerpts on nostalgia and I just went to find them and can't track them down...but you're not alone in your emotions!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg yes ethereal radiance n warmth was everything i was feeling going thru these pictures. and deep down even tho i wanna believe nostalgia makes thing better than they were i KNO the times were also actually good n that makes me SAD ! n yes i guess being set on a feeling is better than feeling so confused, thank u girly for making me feel sane

      Delete
  4. You've somehow captured nostalgia perfectly! I guess its all a bit of wanting something u can't have but im sure summer will come soon!
    http://sputniksweetheartn.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh i never thought abt it like that but thats also v true!!

      Delete
  5. The skies are gorgeous! Pink hair you looks like a precious pixie fairy! Can't wait for summatime, I can feel the sunrays through your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always find myself romanticising things that actually shouldn't be romanticised at all. These pictures are so pretty, you're so pretty! I hope this summer is good for you, although these feelings aren't the best feelings I did really enjoy this post/ the way you captured nostalgia- I find the feeling so hard to put into words but I related to this a lot. Sending u big love!!x
    constantlylibby.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl this means so MUCH n u don't even KNOW ! thank uuuuu <3

      Delete