November 13, 2017

the ooz

ARCHYYYYYY MARSHAAAAAAALLL
aka king krule, edgar the breath taker, edgar the beat maker, zoo kid, dj jd sports, and the love of my life Finally released his long awaited second album n it is just / that / good

king krule pretty much went mia after releasing 6 feet beneath the moon and started working on projects under the previously mentioned lowkey names. three years later, after many hints and playing new songs at recent shows, archy put out another album under his king krule project. it is the ooz and it is definitely the album for the upcoming winter season.


of course we all love archy for his jazzy tunes, loud scruffy voice, and sad ass lyrics, but this one focuses mainly on the last. it is less angry than 6 feet beneath the moon and seems to be more heartfelt. well at least to me. my theory is he is finally going through the pain of hurting baby blue (whoever she is, please hit my line because GIRL SAME) and is now realizing the mistakes he made with her.

or maybe im just over thinking this and he's actually just maturing his sound. whatever it is, i am here  for IT.

the album is 19 songs long and much more relaxing which means its even more depressing. i personally feel like its perfect for walking around the city when the sun isn't out and the winter wind is hitting against your face. it also sounds like it would be played at some ~hip~ coffee shop. he does stick to his roots though and include songs filled with angst perfect to jump and scream to, im referring mainly to dum surfer and half man half shark.

my personal faves are biscuit town and emergency blimp. maybe because i feel like these two hit the closest to home with the lyrics. but i also like the instrumentals of both. they make me want to dance and bring a smile to my face even though they're both sad and angry songs. maybe im just glad someone else is feeling the same way i am.

this album also highlights just how talented archy truly is. after seeing him jam out on the piano at his brooklyn steel show last month, i found a new appreciation for his, what he calls, real mooozik. he played logos and sublunary with the rest of his band and the jazzy tunes just filled me with warmth.

go outside, take a walk, lay in the grass, draw or write with this album in the back and let me know how it makes you feel. it was truly worth the wait and king krule never fails to amazes me. archy marshall, you will always have my heart even though you are the epitome the type of boy who makes me cry.

xoxo

6 comments :

  1. Just want to mention that I admire people who can write about music. You've made me want to take a listen. I had to write a mystic review once and it hurt my mind haha! Just found your blog I'm excited to look through it.

    www.itssimplyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I'M SO EXCITED TO LISTEN!! I love him so much!! We live in the same area :') He was in my brother's year/class. He's so awesome, King Krule for fucking lifeeee. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love him soo much! He writes the most amazing music x x

    ReplyDelete