October 22, 2017

earthboy

manhattan hit below 60 degrees last week n my california ass FROZE
i dont rly share outfits on here even though i made this blog to do so. i have just been so bored with my outfits so i never rly did. who knows mayb nyc street style will fix me. but i knew i had to share this one because these are my new fav pants. they're comfortable, they're wide leg, they're plaid, n were only like $3. i am NEVER taking them off.
i only have photo shoots in my dorm with self timer. shoutout to steve jobs for thinking of that. i just never feel confident enough to ask someone else to take a picture of me. 1. bc i kno they don't kno my angles 2. the ppl never fuck w my vision n capture the picture how i TRULY envision them in my head n 3. i am v unphotogentic and my face always turn out gross n what i swear i don't look like irl so it always leaves me in cropping my head out anyways.
 sigh i guess my dream of being an ig baddie will never come to life
 also please ignore my vanity mirror, glossier bag, n other stuff in the background. pretend they don't exist, im just too lazy to edit them.
i've also been listening to a lot of DIIV lately. more so than usual. they have always been one of my fav boy bands, but i feel like i haven't really listened to their first album, oshin. these past few weeks it has been my go to album n there hasn't been a day that i haven't listened. not to be dramatic or anything but i feel like it truly captures the transition from transition from summer to fall to maybe even winter. i also feel like its meant to be that album u listen to walking around the city in the early morning. i don't know. my writing professor said its hard to write about music and i think i finally understand. i can't actually bring into words how the album makes me feel, but can only share the album n hope u feel some sort of way too.
earth boy has been one of the main songs i keep going back to. all of them are actually. they feel soft, but also sadness. its like hope that things may one day be alright. or that i might one day find my place. the lyrics might not even match up to it, or i might be completely off. but i feel like thats what the actual music is saying.

the white turtleneck is from american apparel, rip forever have a place in my heart.
sherpa jacket is from when i worked at levi's this summer. i only applied for this jacket.
my pants are thrifted from savers back home.
of course i had to pair it with my pink converse that i swear are only dirty for the aesthetic.

i have yet to go winter shopping bc i am so new to the whole ~concept~ like yes thigh high boots n serena van der woodsen coats are cute, but do i really think ill wear them. probably not. hopefully i figure all of this out before it starts to snow. my roommate is actually worried for me.

xoxo

4 comments :

  1. OMG plsssss give me those trousers :'/ they're so gorgeous - I've been wanting a pair like that for ages!!! And the white turtleneck looks so great with it! Loooove it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. check out ya thrift stores, i am ROOTING for u n ty girly <3

      Delete
  2. super cute look!! I get what you mean about asking people o take photos for you!! Like I know what i want the photo to look like so i need to be in it and be the photographer, struggle is real

    Tasha x
    http://lovefromtasha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes!! its like they think just taking a few steps back is good enough but we also need the Angles

      Delete