July 21, 2015

it's real

YA GRRRL SAW REAL ESTATE
Yes I am talking about a band named Real Estate, not a business.


Last Thursday, thanks to Santa Moinca's annual twilight summer concerts, a beautiful hazy band was having a free concert. So, of course I called one of my friends and headed out to the pier. It was literally the day after I got my drivers license, yet I still had to take the bus, train, and uber. Don't you just love how life works :)! It was my first time on the train and I'm actually really surprised we didn't get lost. I can't take full credit for that though, I was live texting my older brother for help the whole time. Basically, we were living an episode of the simple life by taking the bus. But, it takes two hours to get to anywhere in LA from where I live by metro, so we only took it half way and then called uber for the other half. (P.S use my uber code zakiv for a free first ride up to $20 <3)

After sitting and waiting and eating ice cream and french fries for like one or two hours, the opening act Hippo Campus came on. While the guys next to us were hating on them, I was wishing I had heard of them sooner. They're a cool indie skater boy looking band from Minnesota that has a sound like two door cinema club and or vampire weekend, which are two of my favorite bands. Plus, they're really cute. I had called dibs on the lead singer, who looked like a cross between young Morrissey and Robert Pattinson. I mean it doesn't get better than that. After cyberstalking them I found out that his name is Jake and that he's now my new boyfriend.It was really cool watching them while the sun set and throwing beach balls in the air. I got hit in the head once and accidentally spiked it to anyone around me. My deepest apologies go out to all of them.

 Finally Real Estate came on and it was a dream come true. They, along with most of the crowd, were stoned but it was still so amazing. It was really soothing and relaxing. Even better since it was at the beach with a light breeze. We were also able to get barricade even though it doesn't look like it since they allowed vip in between the stage and the barricade. They played a lot of instrumental songs that were super chill, but when Martin Courtney sang he gave out a death cab for cutie vibe. It was an amazing show, apart from the fact that they tried to say California was like New Jersey. No offense to anyone from Jersey, but like really??? How are you going to say that? I'm not even going to bother..... anyways I highly recommend them to anyone who just wants to listen to nice soft songs. 

I'm actually not sure what the last picture is. I think it's one of their art pieces for this year's summer concerts. It looked like big tall pieces of glass with lights that I assume would move base on noise, movement, and emotion. I think I remember the host of the event saying that, but I could be completely wrong. Either way it's still super cool.

XOXO

12 comments :

  1. Wow looks amazing! The photos are gorgeous, I love indie bands, must go and see one some day ^_^ x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!!!! So jealous! Seems like the most perfect breezy summer evening x also your photos are so gorgeous; they really capture the haziness and transport me there <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. these photos are sooooooooooo beautiful!!!!

    sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of them before but I LOVE indie music, I'm gonna check them out!

    Areeba // I Have A Messy Bun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude I'm so jel, Real Estate are the bomb xo
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see how you could say that the Jersey Shore in the summer is kind of like California...but not the rest of the year!!! I really wanted to go to that show but I heard about it last minute :( I'm going to see JD McPherson there on Thursday. Do you ever listen to him?

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no!!! i am a snob and refuse to believe california can be anything like jersey. if only you could've gone to this one too! i haven't heard of jd mcpherson ill have to check him out, but I'm thinking about going back for ariel pink!

      Delete