August 10, 2015

tag you're it! - blogger interview series

A cooler and a lot more proper game of tag.
This new questionnaire is hitting up the blogging community as a way to further introduce yourself and to get to know other blogger babes. I never thought I would be doing something like this but my girl Colleen from Coocoo for Coco tagged me and it should be pretty fun. Don't forget to check out her blog and virtually welcome her to LA! Now let's get down to business. 

How did you get into blogging?

I always got told from others that I should write a book about how I view life, my thoughts, advice, and anything/everything really. I also used to dress really cute, believe it or not. So it just seemed fitting to become a blogger. Also, when I was at the peak of my instagraming, meaning I was gaining followers quick and getting lots of likes, my brother, aunt, and uncle all told me that it would be cool to branch out and start blogging or join youtube. Youtube is just not my thing and I wanted to be just like Tavi Gevinson, so I made a blog. It's better this way too, everyone around me doesn't have to hear me obsessing/complaining/crying about everything anymore.

What advice would you give to a blogger just starting out?

I still consider myself a new blogger because of the fact I started a lil over a year ago, so this is really weird. I guess I'll just tell you what I tell myself. It's okay to have writers block, but don't stick with it. Take a breather, look for inspo, eat a burrito and then I promise an idea will come. Make friends!!! Read new blogs, comment on posts. Not only will you gain a lil traffic, but you'll meet some of the coolest people. Don't post ootds that are just like everyone else's. It was cute the first 3 times, now it's just boring. Your posts are going to suck at first. You're going to look back at your archive and cringe like crazy. That's life, there's no way to avoid it, you'll learn and grow from it. Remember that you made your blog for yourself. Stay true to yourself no matter what and write what you want to write.

What would be your dream campaign?

I have three because I'm a spoiled brat.
1. Working with moschino and getting the whole barbie collection.
2. I get sent to loads of music festivals with the best wear.
3. A vacation in Greece.

Do you have a plan for your blog?

Oh God, I wish. I really have nothing about my life planned out which sucks and is also the reason why I'm always complaining. I'm sorry, it's just ya grrls a big hot mess. For this blog though, I plan to  just have fun and go with the flow. Who knows maybe one day I will be able to make something big out of it, but for now I'm good with just doing me. 

What do you think about rankings?

Define rankings. I mean who doesn't want to be a top blogger? I think everyone goes in with the hopes of being one. Especially, since we live in the digital age where social media is everything and followers are a big part of that. But what makes a top blogger, a top blogger? I don't exactly know and I think it can be defined differently for everyone. I also feel like that will kill the fun of blogging. I would never want to be caught up in numbers that everything I do is just for others and what they will think. So yeah I don't mess with rankings.

Ready or not here I come! And I'm tagging:

Rachel // Rachel Stephanie
Kaylee // Style Unknown
Natasha // Catching Dreams
Lexi // Lexi Likes
And

There ya go girls! <3

XOXO

12 comments :

  1. Aw I love the story of how you got into blogging; if you wrote a book I would totally read it! And yes x10 to your advice *recoils at flashbacks of trying to do early tavi-esque inspired ootds* lmao thanks for the nom girl <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR ADVICE IS EVERYTHING. The amount of times I had no idea what to write for my blog, all I did was go out for bubble tea and burritos and life was better!

    (っ♥︎◡♥︎)っ sonjatitanic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. burritos are truly life changing, I'm glad you can relate!

      Delete
  3. Yay I'm so glad you did this! Your blogger advice is completely amazing - I totally agree. I wish I would have thought of music festivals - that would be so sick. With VIP access, of course.

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the ultimate dream! thanks again for tagging me in this <3

      Delete
  4. I'M WELL UP FOR THIS!!!!! love this post x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for tagging me gal! Your advice is perf, you can't rate good blogs just on their followers xo
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thx b http://rachelsteph.blogspot.com/2015/09/tag-youre-it-blogger-interview-series.html

    ReplyDelete