August 18, 2015

all i wanna do is

Last weekend LA sure did feel like hell with that 100+ degrees weather hitting down on us and that bright sun trying to cook everyone in sight. Naturally, I went to the beach to cool down. And to try to get that sun kissed skin that everyone in California seems to have except for me.
 I really should've just named this blog too pale for LA.

This time I went to Malibu which meant a lot more time driving down PCH and claiming that every matte black benz was actually Kylie Jenner. I am actually obsessed with driving down PCH. It soothes me to drive along the coast with the best summer mood playlist blasting through the car and the wind blowing through my hair. For a while I forget about everything and get caught up in the song, singing my heart out. I know it sounds super cheesy like a low budget indie film that stars a melodramatic girl and a misunderstood boy who travel to California together, but believe me it's true!

Sadly, I wasn't able to head to the Malibu beach caves I've been wanting to visit. However, this part of Malibu was just as dreamy. It is the perfect place to relax at and actually not die by the crashing waves like most beaches. There was still waves, but smaller ones and closer to the shore. So, it was actually easier to swim and float in the water. It honestly felt like a lake. But a lot cleaner with clear blue water. This is why most people go paddle boarding and kayaking here. 

Actually Lana Del Rey's new song High By The Beach pretty much sums up the whole day. Her soothing voice. The chill and soft beat. The light pinks and blues of the video. The simplicity of it all. It was like she knew that this was going to be the anthem to everyone's weekend when they head to the beach to have a good time and hide from the sun. 

XOXO

13 comments :

  1. Just ofund your blog and kinda fallen in love... You're so cool and these pictures are so chill and beautiful - I love the pinkish hues. Love your blog! Esme x
    esmemadeline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pictures are the dreamiest bestest photographic pieces of heaven! I am obsessed! The picture of you with the ocean behind you is so cool because I already get such nostalgic vibes from it; it's the type of photograph I can imagine you one day looking back at and remembering how picturesque and youthful this moment in time was. Such a wistful lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so pretty and peaceful, and i loveee your bikini! x
    http://www.catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I wish I could be there (even though I AM the most pale person alive) and the way you write has this funny and can't-stop-reading style, love it! Btw I have a new fav song now haha ;)
    xx

    http://teenapes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are GORGEOUS! Too Pale for LA would totally be great blog name. I could use it too!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you just got here though! there's still hope for you!! i, on the other hand, have lived here all of my life and suck at getting a tan *deep sigh*

      Delete
  6. I'm so in love with your blog- it's so artistic and dreamy... Teach me your secrets! Also really liking this post; Malibu looks like such an amazing place to visit


    herelectricocean.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS MY ULTIMATE GOAL TO BE ARTSY AND DREAMY THANK YOU

      Delete
  7. the sea! Amazing! Wish I was there

    ReplyDelete